Hint: when using a USB stick Make sure it is read by the computer as a Removable disk not as hard disk.
Creating USB Build Stick
- Format the USB drive (do not quick format)
- Launch the Unetbootin tool
- Select the Diskimage radio button
- Select the ISO file (nwainstall-xxx-usbboot.iso)
- Confirm Type is set to USB Drive and Drive is set to the correct USB drive
- Click OK to start build process
- Click Yes to All when asked to overwrite files (popup may be hidden behind)
- After installation is complete, do not reboot and Exit
- Copy additional files to the USB build stick
- Copy nwainstall-xxx-usb.iso to the root of the USB build stick
- Extract the nwainstall-xxx-usbboot.iso file using 7-zip or similar utility on your local machine.
- Copy the [BOOT] folder from the extracted files to the root of the USB build stick
Rebuild the appliances using the build stick
- Insert the usb build stick and reboot
- If the appliance does not boot from the USB by default, reboot and enter into the boot option or bios (F11)
- Select appropriate appliance option
- First time prompt for wipe the disks choose yes (y)
- When it asks your for reboot does the same process again starting from step 2-3.
- When it prompt you for the disk wipe for the second time choose No. (N)
If you are unsure of any of the steps above or experience any issues, contact RSA Support and quote this article ID for further assistance.