This procedure is to be used to apply RSA NetWitness product licenses to a new RSA NetWitness server. In order to perform the procedure, you will need to have received an email from the licensing team with software license serial numbers for the entitlements from RSA. You will also need to have received an email from RSA with access to myRSA.
Be advised that the Security Analytics architecture relies heavily on the NTP and DNS services. It is important that these two services are properly configured and functioning on the Security Analytics server.
RSA NetWitness Server Entitlement
This will allow the RSA NetWitness (SA) server to be licensed and entitled with add-ons.
- Login to the RSA NetWitness and obtain the License Server ID.
- Select Admin > System.
- Copy the License Server ID.
- Login to myRSA and click your product. This directs you to our download center.
- In myRSA, enter the RSA Product License Number, which will be in an email received from RSA. If you have not received your Product License Number, contact RSA Support.
- In myRSA, click Create a Server. Proceed to create a server using the above License Server ID. Provide a description under Alias. Be aware that the license server ID is case-sensitive.
- Once the server has been created, map the add-ons to the newly created server.
- Press Download Capability Response.
- You are now ready to entitle the Security Analytics server.
Press the Refresh Licenses button under Admin > System > Licensing > License Details tab for the licenses from myRSA to be reflected within the UI
Follow the steps below for the offline entitlement process.
- From myRSA, perform a Download Capacity Response, which will produce a response.bin file.
- In the Security Analytics UI, click Admin > System, and then click Licensing.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click the Upload button under Step 2: Upload Offline Response and browse to the response.bin file downloaded in Step 1.
- Press the refresh licenses button under Overview > Licensing Actions > Refresh Licenses.
- Refresh the NetWitness browser.
Confirm Your Entitlement
Follow the steps below to confirm that the entitlement process was successful.
- In the Security Analytics UI, click on the dropdown menu and select Admin > System.
- Click Licensing and then on the License Details tab. The product entitlements should be reflected in this tab.
Refer to the Licensing Management Guide for RSA NetWitness Platform 11.x - Table of Contents for more details.
If you are unsure about any of the steps above or experience any issues, contact RSA Support and quote this article ID.