000026993 - How to download and use the RSA NetWitness RAID Utility

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 14, 2016Last modified by RSA Customer Support on Jul 14, 2018
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000026993
Applies ToRSA Product Set: RSA NetWitness Logs & Network, NetWitness Logs and Packets (Security Analytics), NetWitness NextGen (Legacy)
RSA Product/Service Type: NextGen, Core Appliances
Platform: CentOS, Fedora Core
O/S Version: FC9, EL5, EL6, EL7
IssueHow to Download and Use the RSA NetWitness RAID Utility.
Where do I download the nwraidutil script?
How do I use the nwraidutil.pl script on my appliance?
Resolution

This tool is used to find problems with configured hardware RAID arrays.  Uses native RAID utility (MegaCli64 or CmdTool2) if installed to issue MegaCli commands.

PLEASE COPY THIS FILE TO YOUR APPLIANCE USING SCP RATHER THAN USING A WINDOWS TEXT EDITOR, AS SOME WINDOWS TEXT EDITORS DO NOT HANDLE UNIX LF'S CORRECTLY, THUS UNEXPECTED RESULTS COULD OCCUR!

Current Version: 2015.12.01

Usage:  ./nwraidutil.pl [OPTIONS]

Note: If ./ is excluded and a version exists in the user path (e.g. /usr/sbin/nwraidutil.pl) then that version will be used instead.

All parameters are optional.  Use no switches to use native RAID utility.
Optional Parameters:

-l <file> - Process logical disk (-ldpdinfo) info using <file> as input source
-p <file> - Process physical disk (-pdlist) info using <file> as input source
-a <file> - Process adapter properties using <file> as input source

Click here to download the nwraidutil.pl script.

Click here to view the nwraidutil.pl changelog file.

NotesThis is unsupported software provided for the convenience of our customers, but if problems are found then please direct them to RSA Customer Support.

This functionality was originally included in the nwsupport-script RPM. (e.g. nwsupport-script-1.1-41.noarch.rpm) However, this script is NOT included in RSA NetWitness Logs & Network 11.x by default.
Legacy Article IDa59744

Attachments

Outcomes