To configure SNMP for RSA Authentication Manager 8.x, follow the steps below:
- In the Security Console, navigate to Setup > System Settings.
- Under Advanced Settings on the lower right, select Network Monitoring (SNMP).
- Select the primary server or one of the replicas and click Next.
- Under Basics,
- Turn the option for Network Monitoring using SNMP v3 to On.
- Ensure that the default Request Port is 161.
- Add the security name.
- In the Security Level field, select a security level for SNMP communication:
- No Authentication does not authenticate or encrypt SNMP communication. Go to step 11.
- Authentication, No Privacy authenticates the sender of a GET or trap, but does not encrypt SNMP data communication.
- Authentication and Privacy authenticates the sender of a GET or trap and encrypts SNMP data communication.
If you are using authentication,
- In the Authentication Password field, enter a password for authenticating the sender of a GET or trap. Some SNMP clients use the term “passphrase.”
- From the Authentication Protocol list, select the protocol for authenticating the sender of a GET or trap.
If you are using encryption, do the following:
- In the Privacy Password field, enter the password for encrypting SNMP data communication. Some SNMP clients use the term “passphrase.”
- In the Privacy Protocol field, select the algorithm for encrypting SNMP data communication.
- Create authentication and privacy passwords.
- Click Download to obtain the MIB file for the SNMP Server
- Optionally configure the trap settings, for administrative, authentication and aystem events, as well as for OS traps.
- In Trap Receiver settings, enter information in the IP address or Hostname field, as well as the port numbers of the machines that receive SNMP trap notifications.
- Click Add.
- When done, click Update.
- Optionally, you can check the box to apply the settings defined here to the replicas in the deployment.
- Click Save.