To configure the Dell iDRAC 7 on an RSA NetWitness Dell PowerEdge R620 appliance, follow the steps below from the Console attached the appliance.
- Boot the NetWitness appliance.
- During the memory test screen, press the <F10> key to access the Lifecycle Controller Setup. (The <esc> key may be pressed to bypass the rest of the memory test.)
- Enter the following BIOS password: rsabios
- After entering the BIOS password, the Dell Lifecycle Manager screen appears. Use the arrow keys to select System Setup, hit the <tab> key to select Advanced Hardware Configuration, and press enter.
- On the System Setup Main Menu screen, use the arrow keys to select iDRAC Settings and press enter.
- On the iDRAC Settings screen, use the arrow keys to select Network and hit enter.
- On the iDRAC Settings - Network screen, use the arrow keys to navigate between fields and enter the IP Address, Gateway, Subnet Mask, and other settings as necessary. Once complete, use the <tab> key to navigate to the Back button and hit enter.
- After returning to the iDRAC Settings screen, use the arrow keys to move down to User Configuration and hit enter.
- On the User Configuration screen, select the root user and hit enter. Enter a new password in the Change Password field and hit enter, re-type the password and hit enter twice to confirm, then press <tab> to select the Back button.
Safely record this new password in your password safe.
Create other iDRAC logins if desired.
- Once again on the iDRAC Settings screen, press the<tab> key to navigate to the Finish button and press enter, at which time you will be prompted to save.
- Press enter to save the configuration. A message should appear confirming that the save was successful.
- Navigate to the main screen using the <tab> key and select Exit in the upper-right corner of the screen to exit the Dell Lifecycle Controller, at which time the system will reboot.
- Once connected to the network, connect to the iDRAC using a web browser by navigating to the URL https://<dns_name> or https://<ip_address> and enter the username and password configured in the steps above at the prompt.
If you are unsure of any of the steps above or experience any issues, contact RSA Support and quote this article ID for further assistance.