- Log on to the Archer web server. Open a browser window and go to Archer's Web Service API (Application Program Interface) General page:
- Click CreateUserSessionFromInstance and enter logon information for an account that has access to the Master Reports List in the Archer instance.
- Click Invoke. A session token for the user account will be generated similar to:
- Copy the session token to your clipboard.
- Browse to Archer's Web Service API Search page:
- Click GetReports.
- Paste in the session token you generated above and click Invoke. A list of all global reports for this instance will be displayed in the browser window, in XML format.
- In the browser's menu bar, go to File > Save As and save the output as an XML file
- Open the XML file in Notepad++.
- Select all of the text in the file with [Ctrl]+[A].
- Go to Plugins > XML Tools.
- Select Convert Selection Text to XML.
- Go to Plugins > XML Tools again.
- Select Pretty Print (XML Only - with Line Breaks)
- Save and close the file.
- Open a new blank Excel worksheet, and go to the Data tab.
- In the Get External Data section, select From Other Sources > XML data import.
- Follow the instructions in the import wizard to import the XML file you created above.