|Resolution||Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.|
If you are unsure of any of the steps above or experience any issues, contact RSA Support and quote this article number for further assistance.
- In Open Manager Server Administrator, click on Preferences.
- Click on General Settings. >> Web Server tab.
- Click on X.509 Certificate .
- Choose Certificate Maintenance and click Next button.
- Choose Certificate Signing Request(CSR) from the dropdown list and click Next button.
- Copy the text in the box. It should read -------BEGIN NEW.....--------
- Go to your CA https://servername.domain.local/certsrv/ and click on Request a certificate.
- Click on advanced certificate request.
- Click on Submit a certificate request by using a base-64-encoded CMC or PKCS #10 file, or submit a renewal request by using a base-64-encoded PKCS #7 file.
- Paste copied request (in step 6) and choose Web Server under Certificate Template.
- Click on Submit button, click Yes on the message.
- Click on Download certificate chain and save it. It should be certnew.p7b file.
- Go back to Open Manager Server Administrator and click X.509 Certificate link to go back to X.509 Certificate Management.
- This time choose Import a certificate chain and click on Next button.
- Click Browse, choose certnew.p7b file, click Open and click Import.
- Click on Activate the new certificate button and click on Restart To Activate New Certificate button.