|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 8.1
|Issue||After migrating from Authentication Manager 6.1 to Authentication Manager 8.1 the users may have duplicate aliases which are the same as the user IDs. This shouldn't cause any issues, but makes it hard to manage aliases as many of them are not actually needed.|
To list and/or remove duplicate aliases from the database, follow the steps below:
As a precaution, take a backup of the database via the Operations Console (Maintenance > Backup and Restore > Backup Now) before continuing.
1. Connect to the primary Authentication Manager server via SSH, vSphere or a direct connection.
2. Login as rsaadmin.
3. Navigate to /opt/rsa/am/utils.
4. Run the following command to get the database administrator password:
# cd /opt/rsa/am/utils
5. Connect to the database using the database admin's password captured above:
# cd /opt/rsa/am/pgsql/bin/
6. To list the duplicate aliases, run the following query:
db=> SELECT * from am_principal_alias WHERE alias_name=(SELECT loginuid FROM ims_principal_data WHERE id=principal_id);
7. To delete all the duplicate aliases, run the command below.
db=> DELETE FROM am_principal_alias WHERE alias_name=(SELECT loginuid FROM ims_principal_data WHERE id=principal_id);