|Applies To||RSA Security Analytics 4S Appliance (all revisions)|
|Issue||This article provides how-to information on how to navigate the boot sequence on a Security Analytics 4S appliance to accomplish such functions as initiating a bootstick installation.|
|Tasks||Before beginning, determine how to secure console access to the appliance. Either connect a monitor and keyboard and perform the functions directly on the system, or have a reliable iDrac connection configured and a remote resource to insert whatever boot media is to be used (USB or dvd-rom).|
|Resolution||Method One (preferred):|
1) Reboot your appliance using the reboot command
2) Monitor your appliance until it gets to the following screen and press F11
3) It will eventually prompt you for the UEFI BIOS password. Enter the password and press ENTER. The default password is rsabios
4) Navigate to the BIOS Boot Menu
5) The system will then load the bios boot manager. Select your USB drive from the list provided using the keyboard arrow keys
6) The USB drive should now load
1)1) Reboot your appliance using the reboot command
2) Monitor your appliance until it gets to the following screen and press F2
3) Select your System BIOS
4) Select Boot Settings
5) Select BIOS Boot Settings
6) Change the order of Hard-Disk Drive Sequence making the USB the first item in the list.
7) Save your settings and exit the UEFI BIOS it will prompt you to reboot.
|Notes||If for some reason a forced reboot is required during this sequence, press the key combination ctrl+alt+del.|
Also, remember to revert your settings after completing these steps so that the system auto boots off the hard drive.