|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Netwitness|
RSA Product/Service Type: Informer
RSA Version/Condition: All Versions
O/S Version: 2003/2008
|Issue||The following article details a procedure to rest the Netwitness admin user's password ("informer" or "iadmin") on Windows 2003 & 2008 platforms when it has been lost and needs to be recovered. Only an account with administrative rights can perform this function.|
|Resolution|| In order to reset the Informer password, please follow the instruction in below : |
1. Stop the Netwitness service in windows services, then insure it has terminated:
2. Restart the IIS process:
To restart the IIS Service, open the IIS console, then right click the computer name, then open the "All Tasks" menu, and select restart :
3. Now select "stop internet service on %computername%" from the menu. and then select OK:
4. Open "SQL Server management studio", right click on the database named c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\NwReporterWeb\App_Data\ASPNETDB.MDF" and select "New Query".
NOTE : In some appliances the database names starts with D when installed to the "d" drive
5. Paste the query shown below in the "new query" window , then execute the query. To reset user iadmin's password , replace 'informer' with 'iadmin' :
[Password]= 'ZoHg/+LE/TtPi3sgFaVJRl8UBlY=' , [PasswordSalt] = 'wmJfoKcg9UsQZVFq/xuDUA=='
[UserName] = 'informer' )
6. Restart the MSSQL server by right clicking on the %computername%, opening "All Taks" and select "restart" .
7. Start the "Netwitness Informer Service" from windows Services.
8. start the IIS service
9. Browse the Informer web portal and try to login with Informer default password, nothing that the default password for users Informer and Iadmin is : !nformer
|Notes||During the query execution , MSSQL may return the following error message :|
sg 233, Level 20, State 0, Line 0
A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)
1- Confirm IIS and Netwitness Informer Service has been stopped
2- Take the DB offline per following screenshot :
3- Confirm the Database has been taken offline , if not , restart the MSSQL Server and try again :
4- Bring the database back Online:
5- Restart the MSSQL Server and try to run the query again.