000029461 - Installing 15-Drive DAC and Shelf in Rack

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 14, 2016Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Apr 21, 2017
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000029461
Applies ToRSA Product Set: Security Analytics and NextGen

RSA Product/Service Type: Security Analysis and NextGen DAC

IssueHow do I install the DAC rails and DAC itself into a standard rack?  
How do I mount a DAC and shelf in my rack?
Use the following instructions to install or mount the DAC rails and DAC itself into any standard rack.
ResolutionInstalling 15-Drive DAE Rails and DAE 
Caution
The DAE is heavy and should be installed into a rack by two people. To avoid personal injury and/or damage to the equipment, do not attempt to lift and install the enclosure into a rack without a mechanical lift or help from another person.

1. Unpack the shipping containers.
  2. Verify the contents. Each DAE should contain:
  • Mounting screws
  • Bezel and locking key
  • SAS cable kit
  • Power cable kit
  • Rail kit

Install DAE Rails

1. Insert the adjustable rail slide and seat both alignment pins into the rear channel of your cabinet.
  2. Extend the rail and align the front of the rails as shown below.
  3. Insert two retention screws in the middle holes of the front and two retention screws in the back of each rail (3U rails). For 2U rails, insert one screw in the bottom hole of the front and two in the back of each rail.
Install DAC Rails
Install the DAE
  1. Slide the disk-array enclosure (DAE) into the DAE rails in the cabinet. Ensure that the enclosure is fully in the cabinet. The rail stops in the back will seat into the back of the enclosure at the correct depth, and the front of the enclosure will be flush with the cabinet face.
  2. When the DAE is in place, insert and tighten all of the screws. It may be easier to install the screws working in a diagonal pattern, such as bottom left and top right, bottom right and top left.
  3. Repeat, as appropriate, with other DAEs.
Install DAC

Attachments

Outcomes