|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Identity Management and Governance|
RSA Product/Service Type: Appliance
RSA Version/Condition: 6.9
Platform (Other): 6.9 Patch 02
O/S Version: N/A or SUSE Linux
Product Name: null
Product Description: null
|Issue||The "CollectorRawDataSetsToKeep" parameter in older versions of the RSA IMG product is set to a value of 10 out of the box.|
This means that each individual collector will retain the last 10 good runs of data in the "T_DC_SOURCEDATA_" tables.
Over time customers often tend to collect greater amounts of data through a growing number of Applications and Directories.
This can result in increased processing times in order to both gather the data during the collection steps and manipulate the data during the processing steps of the overall collection.
Question from a customer:
We have a parameter called "CollectorRawDataSetsToKeep" at 5 in DEV and 10 in PROD.
Which value does RSA IMG recommend we use?
RSA IMG recommends that you use a VALUE of 2 or 3.
0) Log into the RSA IMG Application as the "AveksaAdmin" user.
1) Navigate to: "Admin" > "System" > "Settings" TAB and click the "Edit" BUTTON.
2) Scroll to the bottom of the page and add the Parameter = ""CollectorRawDataSetsToKeep" and Value = "2" (NO DOUBLE QUOTES FOR EITHER OF THOSE) and then click the "Save" BUTTON and then the "OK" BUTTON.
3) Now you will see the newly adjusted parameter = "custom.CollectorRawDataSetsToKeep" with a value of 2.
4) Now on every collector run, the number of runs stored per collector in the "T_DC_SOURCEDATA_" tables will be reduced to the last 2 runs.
5) If the "DB Statistics Refresh" is scheduled in the UI AND runs successfully, ALL of the collectors will have their number of runs stored in the "T_DC_SOURCEDATA_" tables reduced to 2.
Go to "Collectors" > "Scheduling" > "Tasks" TAB to check the status and/or schedule the "DB Statistics Refresh" Task or Job.
NOTE: Some customers find that their daily/nightly collections continue beyond the default scheduled time of 12:30 AM daily for the "DB Statistics Refresh" job which is the default out-of-the-box (OOB) scheduled time.