|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Security Analytics|
RSA Product/Service Type: Archiver
RSA Version/Condition: 10.4.x
O/S Version: EL6
|Resolution||In order to create a WARM tier on an RSA Security Analytics Archiver appliance, follow the steps below.|
1. Create an NFS mount on the NAS, e.g: /mnt/Archiver.
2. Verify that the NFS mount is reachable from the Archiver. In the example below, 10.44.10.68 is the IP address of the NAS.
[root@saarchiver archiver]# showmount -e 10.44.10.68
3. Create a directory on the Archiver to mount the NFS.
4. Add the NFS mount to /etc/fstab.
10.44.10.68:/mnt/Archiver /var/netwitness/archiver/nas nfs rw,nolock,tcp,auto,addr=10.44.10.68 0 0
5. Issue the command mount -a to apply the change.
6. Verify the change with the df -h command, which should show output similar to the example below.
7. In the Security Analytics UI, navigate to Administration -> Services, click on the Action button for the Archiver, select View -> Config, and click on Add Tier.
8. Configure the following under Warm tab then click the Save button:
9. Click on the Apply button.
10. At the prompt, click the Yes button.
11. Once the Archiver service is back up, verify that it is seeing the Warm storage.
If you are unsure of any of the steps above or experience any issues, contact RSA Support and quote this article number for further assistance.