Support for VMware products running RSA Authentication Manager 7.1
Based on your version of RSA Authentication Manager 7.1, the following VMware products are supported:
- RSA Authentication Manage 7.1 SP4: VMware ESX 3.5, 4.x and 5.x, ESXi 4.x and 5.x
- RSA Authentication Manage 7.1 SP3: VMware ESX 3.5 and 4.0
- RSA Authentication Manage 7.1 SP2: VMware ESX 3.5 and 4.0
For each of the VMware products listed above, the following features are supported:
- Physical to virtual conversion
- Virtual to physical conversion
Note: When using physical to virtual (P-to-V) conversion or virtual to physical (V-to-P) conversion, the hardware/memory configuration (system fingerprint) may change. This causes the RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 server services, which should start automatically, to fail. To resolve this issue,
- Open a command prompt and navigate to RSA_HOME/utils
- Reset the fingerprint using the following command. Note that you will be prompted to provide the master password for the deployment.
rsautil manage-secrets -a recover
VMware ESX features and tools that are not supported
The following VMware ESX features and tools are not supported:
- Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS)
- High Availability (HA)
- VMware Consolidated Backup (VCB)
- Legato Filesystem Sync Driver
RSA recommends that customers use the features built in to RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 for these types of services.
VMware Memory Settings
In order for the embedded Oracle database in RSA Authentication Manager to work properly, the following memory settings are required for VMware.
- Allocated memory should be set to 4 GB for a 32-bit OS and 8 GB for a 64-bit OS.
- Reserved memory should be set to 4 GB for a 32-bit OS and 8 GB for a 64-bit OS.
For the embedded Oracle database in RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 Service Pack 4 to work properly, the allocated memory and reserved memory should be set to the same value. Database errors can occur if they are not set to the same value.