|Applies To||RSA Data Protection Manager Java Client|
|Issue||DPM Token Java Client returns error 40012 (TC_ERR_PEER_CERT) and "Invalid server certificate format."|
DPM Token Java Client returns error 40012 (TC_ERR_PEER_CERT) and "Invalid server certificate format."
|Cause||4 causes of TC_ERR_PEER_CERT:|
1. File extension for client credential file is .cer, .der, or .pem (even though error message is about server certificate).
2. Problem loading the server certificate file, other than file not found.
3. Server certificate is expired
4. Server certificate is not yet valid
|Resolution||1. Use a supported file format/extension for the client credential file (e.g. .p12, .jks)|
2. Ensure that the server certificate file is propertly formatted.
3. Ensure that the server certificate is not expired.
4. Ensure that the server certificate is valid (current time is after the validity start time).
|Legacy Article ID||a59732|