|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server 4.x (no longer supported as of 2-1-2004)|
UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris)
|Issue||How to manually set a token PIN number using RSA ACE/Server Setpin utility|
|Resolution||The Setpin utility allows the ACE/Server administrator some additional functionality with respect to obtaining information and to configuring the personal identification number (PIN) for any token in the ACE/Server database. The following instructions will guide you on how to begin using this useful tool.|
1. Make sure that you have the following environment variables set correctly in the .profile for either the root user or the ACE/Administrator. Add the following lines to the .profile file if they do not already exist. Substitute /var with the path where you installed ACE/Server.
export USR_ACE VAR_ACE DLC PROPATH
2. Go to your /var/ace/utils/oldutil directory:
3. Clear PIN - There are several formats for the proper usage of the setpin utility. To clear the PIN for a specific token, type the following, where 35517708 is the serial number on the back of the token.
./setpin -c 35517708
A status change will show that the PIN has been cleared with the message: 'PIN status is False'.
4. Set PIN - To set a PIN for a specific token type the following.
./setpin -p 12345 35517708
A status change will show that the PIN has been set with the message: 'set PIN to 12345' and 'results: 12345'.
5. PIN Status - To see status of the pin for a specific token type the following.
./setpin -s 35517708
A report will generate with the following message:
check PIN status, true if exists, false if none
Connected User: root on Host: sunballs
PIN functions for serial number 000035517708
Check token assignment 000035517708
User root root login root
PIN status is True
If you encounter any error messages when using the Setpin utility, see the solution regarding Troubleshooting Setpin program in RSA ACE/Server.
|Notes||for AM7.1 see A47370 |
|Legacy Article ID||6.0.2149421.2814575|