|Applies To||RSA Authentication Manager 7.1|
|Issue||Cannot assign tokens|
Users with Assigned Tokens and/or Fixed Passcodes , Limit is higher than Actual
|Cause||Problem with the license check job.|
|Resolution||Note: This procedure requires all RSA Servers to be running at least AM 7.1 SP4|
1. Log onto the Operations Console.
2. Deployment Configuration > Instances > Manage existing. If there are any Replicas, check the Replication Status, Fix if required.
3. Run a backup on the Primary's Operations Console
4. Log onto the Security Console.
5. Run an Identity Source cleanup job: Setup > Identity Sources > Cleanup unresolvable users. Uncheck the Grace Period box, Next to build a preview. If it seems to show an unusually large number of users, check the list of users, verify it will not clean-up a large number of users that are still active.
6. Check Administration > Batch Jobs, in most environments there will be fewer than 30. If the number is large, or a problem is found, cleanup batch jobs. It may be necessary to use Primus How to clean up or delete batch jobs . When batch jobs are cleaned, it will also cleanup any manually scheduled jobs such as reports, backups, and Identity Source cleanups, these will need to be manually rescheduled in step 8.
7. Stop all RSA Services and REBOOT the Primary .
8. After all RSA Services have restarted, check the license status. If required, recreate scheduled jobs such as reports, backup and cleanup jobs.
9. If there are any Replicas, verify replication.
|Notes||Note: this procedure requires all RSA Servers to be running at least AM 7.1 SP4.|
|Legacy Article ID||a64386|