|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Archer|
RSA Product/Service Type: Archer
RSA Versions: 5.3.x, 5.4.x, 5.5.x
|Issue||When clicking a link from an external source, the link only works if the user is already logged into Archer or the following is displayed:|
Your administrator has not assigned you appropriate rights to this page, feature or function.
|Cause||The link does not use the "requestUrl" parameter and/or the special characters are not URL Encoded.|
|Resolution||When creating a link to an Archer page from an external source, a Quick Reference Link is very helpful.|
- Create a Quick Reference Link to open the New Record window for a specific module or a different Archer URL.
- From the Workspace, right-click the Quick Reference Link and click Properties.
- The value needed is in the Address (URL) property: /GenericContent/Record.aspx?id=0&moduleId=397
- URL Encode the value from step 3 using the chart below to get the following encoded value: %2FGenericContent%2FRecord.aspx%3Fid=0%26moduleId%3D397
To open a specific Workspace and Dashboard, try the following:
- Concatenate the Base URL with "Default.aspx?requestUrl=.." and the URL Encoded value from step 4 to get the final value to use in the external link: https://Hostname/Archer/Default.aspx?requestUrl=..%2FGenericContent%2FRecord.aspx%3Fid=0%26moduleId%3D397
- Get the Workspace Id: go to Manage Workspaces and hover the mouse over the name. The Id will be shown in the lower-right corner.
- Get the Dashboard Id: go to Manage Dashboards and hover the mouse over the name. The Id will be shown in the lower-right corner.
- Replace ### with the actual values from steps 1 and 2 in the following URL: https://Hostname/Archer/Default.aspx?requestUrl=..%2Ffoundation%2FWorkspace.aspx%3FworkspaceId%3D###%26dashboardId%3D###
|Legacy Article ID||a62154|