|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 8.1
|Issue||The following is seen when trying to start the NTP daemon and synching to NTP:|
Synchronizing with time server: Error : Name or service not known [FAILED]
Starting ntpd: [ OK ]
Starting capd: [ OK ]
Starting crond: [ OK ]
Starting omsa-init: Shutting down DSM SA Connection Service [FAILED]
RSA Authentication Manager SecurID Appliance will not boot.
Running netstat reports the following:
eth0 IP address: <IP address> waiting
|Cause||NTP fails, not because the server is unreachable, but because its name cannot be resolved|
|Resolution||The resolution could be either to:|
- Comment out NTP or change the NTP name to IP address in /etc/ntp.conf, or
- Add a name entry to local /etc/hosts file.
To boot GRUB in single user mode:
- To get past the hanging screen start the virtual machine using run level 2.
- In the GRUB loader menu, edit the first line by adding init 2 at the end.
- When the GNU GRUB... menu is shown during initial boot select the first menu entry. Then press e for edit.
- On first line press e again to edit the kernel.... command.
- Go at the end of the line and add init 2.
- Press Enter. This should take you to the previous screen.
- Press b to boot
|Legacy Article ID||a65331|