Please contact the vendor of the third-party device or software with regards to the attributes required to be returned in the RADIUS profile. This information can be used to create a new RADIUS dictionary if the vendor specific attributes do not already exist. Here is an example of adding a new vendor specific attribute dictionary to RSA RADIUS for a Fortinet device.
- The default RSA RADIUS folders for RSA RADIUS 7.1 on Microsoft WIndows is C:\Program Files\RSA Security\RSA Authentication Manager\radius\Service or /usr/local/RSASecurity/RSAAuthenticationManager/radius for Unix and the RSA SecurID Appliance 3.0.
- For RSA Authentication Manager 8.x, the path is /opt/rsa/am/radius/.
- Create a RADIUS dictionary file named fortinet.dct in the RSA RADIUS folder
- Add the following attributes to the new RADIUS dictionary:
MACRO FORTINET-VSA(type,syntax) 26 [vid=12356 type1=%type% len1=+2 data=%syntax%]
ATTRIBUTE Fortinet-Group-Name FORTINET-VSA(1, string) r
ATTRIBUTE Fortinet-Client-IP-Address FORTINET-VSA(2, ipaddr) r
ATTRIBUTE Fortinet-Vdom-Name FORTINET-VSA(3, string) r
Please refer to the readme.dct in the RADIUS folder for detailed information on the dictionary format.
- Update the vendor.ini and add the following new section for the new vendor:
vendor-product = Fortinet
dictionary = fortinet
ignore-ports = no
port-number-usage = per-port-type
help-id = 2000
NOTE: It is recommended to add the new vendor in alphabetic order as this maintains order in the RADIUS graphical user interface on the pull-down list.
- Update a file called dictiona.dcm and add the dictionary filename to the vendor specific list (in alphabetic order):
- Stop and start the RSA RADIUS service.
- Examine the RADIUS log file (formatted yyyymmdd.log - e.g. 20110829) found in the ../radius folder for any error messages concerning the new RADIUS dictionary (e. g., fortinet.dct). You are likely to see an update to the dictionary information after adding the new RADIUS dictionary.
08/29/2011 09:51:03 Number of dictionaries in saved file does not match number in directory
08/29/2011 09:51:03 Opening saved dictionary file
08/29/2011 09:51:03 Successfully initialized saved-dcts.bin file
08/29/2011 09:51:03 Starting dictionary file processing ...
08/29/2011 09:51:10 Writing dictionary info to saved dictionary
08/29/2011 09:51:11 Successfully wrote dictionary information to saved-dcts.bin
08/29/2011 09:51:11 Closing saved dictionary file
08/29/2011 09:51:11 Successfully created and closed saved-dcts.bin
08/29/2011 09:51:11 Concluded dictionary file processing
- When configuring the RADIUS Clients there will be a new Make/model type called Fortinet which will allow vendor specific attributes to be selected in the Return List of Attributes for RADIUS profiles in the RSA Security Console.