|Applies To||RSA Authentication Manager 7.1|
RSA Authentication Manager 8.1
|Issue||How to migrate data from RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 on Windows to 8.1|
|Workaround||1. Download the rsa-am-extras-22.214.171.124.0.zip from SecurCare Online, under Version Upgrades.|
2. Take a backup of the Auth Manager 8.1 environment before doing a test migration (Ops Console > Maintenance > Backup > Backup Now).
3. Copy the rsa-am-extras-126.96.36.199.0.zip to the Auth Manager 7.1 primary.
4. Extract the files from the zip into a new directory.
5. Open the directory where you extracted the files.
6. Open the RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 Migration Export Utility directory.
7. Run the migration-installer.cmd. It will take a few minutes to start the wizard.
8. When the wizard displays, click Next.
9. Accept the EULA and click Next.
10. Create a path for the installer (or take the default path) and click Next when it's done.
11. Leave both boxes checked and click Done.
12. The Migration Export Utility will launch.
13. Enter the master password for your Auth Manager 7.1 deployment and click Next.
14. Choose Testing Environment and click Next.
15. Choose to export your 7.1 log data or not and click Next (Exporting them is the default).
16. Define where you will save the migration package, enter a password for the package and confirm it then click Next.
17. Click Next to start the migration process.
18. When done, you will see a message "Export completed successfully." Click Next.
19. The next screen shows you where the migration package is located.
20. You now import the package onto the 8.1 server via the Ops Console on the primary (Deployment Configuration > Migration > From Version 7.1 > Import 7.1 Migration Package).
|Notes||Note that if the migration package is larger than 2 GB, you must manually copy the package to an NFS or Windows shared folder or onto the Auth Manager 8.1 server in /opt/rsa/am/migration.|
Note: AM8.1 Patch 1 and higher include an updated version of the Migration Export Utility. The AM8.1 server should be patched before migration, and the updated version of the utility installed, instead of the one from the Extras kit.
|Legacy Article ID||a67932|