|Applies To||RSA Authentication Manager 8|
|Issue||Shutdown or reboot a AM8.0 8.1 appliance|
|Resolution||The Operations Console includes an option Maintenance > Reboot appliance , but in some cases it may be better to manually control the shutdown This can be done with the steps below.|
1. (optional) if the appliance is a Primary, run a backup.
2. You will need to be able to access the appliance by the SuSE Linux command-line. For the Hardware appliance, this can be by direct Physical Console Access, or by the Remote Access Controller on the Appliance 250, if configured. For the ESX Virtual Appliance, it can be through the VMWare vSphere Console. For either Hardware or Virtual Appliance, it can be through SSH, if this has been enabled through the Operations Console by using
Administration > Operating System Access.
3. Login to the console with the login rsaadmin and the password for the rsaadmin account that was chosen during the quick-setup process.
4. Change to the server directory , and stop all RSA Services
./rsaserv stop all (please note - starts with dot-slash )
5. change to the root login
sudo su (it will ask for the Operating System password again)
6. /sbin/shutdown (optional flags)
some common optional flags are:
now (don't wait to start the process)
-t (and seconds)
-h halt after shutdown
You must include either now or -t
|Legacy Article ID||a67944|