|Applies To||RSA Security Analytics|
RSA Security Analytics Server
|Issue||Updates Repository error "There is an error synchronizing repo" in RSA Security Analytics due to corrupt .rpm files.|
After navigating to Administration -> System -> Updates in the Security Analytics UI and clicking on the Updates Repository tab, the following error message is displayed: "There is an error synchronizing repo. Please check the repo configuration"
|Cause||If a .rpm file in the Security Analytics Server repository is corrupt or is an incomplete download, then this error may occur.|
In order to confirm and resolve the issue, connect to the Security Analytics server via SSH as the root user and follow the steps below.
1. Find which .rpm files(s) may be having an issue by running the following command: reposync -l -u -q -p /var/netwitness/srv/www/rsa/updates/RemoteRPMs
Any URLs shown in the output should only refer to the "smcupdate.emc.com" site, and are .rpm file(s) to investigate for an issue.
For example the output from the command could appear similar to the following:
If no output is returned, refer to the knowledgebase article Error message "There is an error synchronizing repo. Please check the repo configuration." displayed in RSA Security Analytics to confirm if the issue is caused by an error in the /etc/yum.repos.d/sa.repo file.
2. With problem .rpm file(s) found, try to fix by re-downloading any problem .rpm file(s) into the Security Analytics Server RemoteRPMs repository by running the following command: reposync -l -q -p /var/netwitness/srv/www/rsa/updates/RemoteRPMs
NOTE: The reposync may take a long time to run if it finds any large problem .rpm file(s), which it will try to download.
3. If the re-download attempt still fails, then delete or move the problem file(s) from the Repository directory, as shown below.
To determine which repo id is enabled, issue the following command: yum repolist
For example, the re-download could fail with an error similar to the following:
4. Return to the Security Analytics UI and navigate to Administration -> System -> Updates and click on the Updates Repository tab.
5. Wait for the Synchronize to complete. It can take a long time if there are any other large .rpm file(s) to download.
If you are unsure of any of the steps above or experience any issues, contact RSA Support and quote this article ID for further assistance.
|Legacy Article ID||a67746|