To download a license,
- Login to RSA Link.
- Select the My Cases option in the main menu to access the Case Management portal.
- On the navigation bar click Upgrades.
- Click on the Upgrade hyperlink for the product.
- Review the information on downloading RSA software upgrades and click Continue.
Users upgrading from RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 SP1 to Authentication Manager 8.2 do not require a license conversion. They may upgrade directly to Authentication Manager 8.2.
- On the Order Detail page, hover over the hamburger (three horizontal lines and click License(s).
- Select the license to begin the download.
- For users who currently use Authentication Manager 6.1 or 7.1, check the radio button for License Conversion for Authentication Manager 8.1 and click Submit.
- On the next page are three license options. Select one and click Continue.
Once you request a conversion license for your production license, all future license orders and additions/stacks/upgrades will be in the RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 license format. Your working deployment of Authentication Manager is not affected by requesting a production license.
- Test Upgrade License. Important note about the RSA Authentication Manager test upgrade license: The RSA Authentication Manager 8.x Evaluation license includes the same features as the Enterprise Server license. Some of the features available in the Evaluation license will not be available in the RSA Authentication Manager 8.x Base Server license. Test Upgrade licenses are valid for 90 days. Customers can request up to three test licenses per Authentication Manager serial number.
If you are migrating from a lower version of Authentication Manager to 8.1 or 8.2, request the test license. Once you are ready to move to production, then request the production license.
- Production License. Important note about the RSA Authentication Manager production license: Once you request a conversion license for your production license, all future license orders and additions/stacks/upgrades will be in the RSA Authentication Manager 8.x license format.
- Software Only. Click here to download RSA Authentication Manager 8.x for your platform.
- When done, click Submit.
- A new trial license will be posted on myRSA. When the license is ready for download, the requester will receive an email with steps to download. It can take up to 24 hours for the new license to be available for download.
- When ready to go to a production license, repeat steps 1 through 10, choosing the Production License option. Wwhen a production license is requested, the following events are triggered:
- A new RSA Authentication Manager 8.x serial number record is generated, with the new material number of RSA-0010810. An order is created and processed in order to add this license to myRSA. Once the download is ready, the user receives an order confirmation email with the download instructions.
- The myRSA order is configured with maintenance, and is used as the Authentication Manager 8.x serial number’s contract. The start date is set to the license request date, but all other contract details (end date, plan type, etc.) are mirrored to the previous serial number’s contract.
- The customer’s original serial number record will be deactivated.
Important notes on RSA Authentication Manager licenses
- Ensure you have a copy of your existing Authentication Manager license for version 7.1/3.0 or 6.1/2.0 deployment in production before requesting a production license for Authentication Manager 8.x. If you plan to add additional users to your older versions of Authentication Manager, please do so before requesting an Authentication Manager 8.x production license.
- Once the Authentication Manager 8.x license is generated by RSA Order Management, previous licenses are removed from our servers and we are not able to recreate them. Note that this does not affect the license on your production or dev servers. They will continue to work as normal. After requesting an Authentication Manager 8.x production license, any new users purchased will be applied to the new Authentication Manager 8.x license. If you do not intend on immediately deploying the new version, an evaluation license can be requested with the steps below.
- We recommend that all customers evaluate their upgrade plans and learn more about their options for migration. More information on how to plan a successful migration, documentation, tools and migration training may be obtained on .