|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 8.1
|Issue||* Prerequisites Check Unsuccessful|
* The hostname of this machine does not match the hostname the webtier package was generated for.
* The hostname of the remote machine specified in the package is not fully resolvable.
* Can't install the webtier "Process exited with status: 1"
|Cause||* The hostname in the operations console doesn't match the hostname of the machine. You must set a fully qualified hostname when configuring a new webtier in the Operations Console. During installation the installer will check the machines fully qualified hostname and if it's not setup properly you will get this error. In the below example the webtier hostname was set to win2k8wt81.vcloud.local but the server you are installing to has a hostname set as win2k8wt81 and no domain suffix, or it was never joined to a domain.|
* Name on the operations console.
* Name on the Web tier machine.
* Prerequisites check is unsuccessful
* Ignore the prerequisites check and click "next", you will get an the below error:
Process exited with status: 1
|Resolution||* Change the fully qualified domain name of the webtier machine by following the below steps:|
1) Click on the start menu.
2) Right click on computer >> Properties.
3) Click on "Change settings" >> Under the "computer Name" tab click on "change" >> In the next screen click on "More".
4) Add the domain name under the field named "Primary DNS suffix of this computer" and check the checkbox of "Change primary DNS suffix when domain membership changes".