The only way to do this, would be to directly apply the AM 8.1 upgrade ISO on the AM 8.0 after taking a backup.
1. Download 'am-update-22.214.171.124.0.zip' and extract the ISO file (am-update-126.96.36.199.0.iso)
2. In the Operations Console, click Maintenance>Update & Rollback.
- If you want to apply an update through your local web browser, do the following:
a. Click Upload & Apply.
b. Click Browse to navigate to the location of the update. You cannot type the update location in the Update Path field.
c. Click Upload.
d. Verify the update details, and click Apply.A
- If you have configured an NFS share, a Windows shared directory, or a DVD/CD as an update location, do the following:
a. Click Scan for Updates. Available Updates displays all of the updates that can be applied.
b. Next to the update that you want to apply, click Apply Update.
4. (Optional) The basic status messages are displayed while the update is being applied. You can click the Advanced Status View tab to display detailed log messages.
5. If the update requires the system to restart the Operations Console or the appliance, the system displays a warning message. Click Confirm Restart to apply the update. After the system applies the update, the Operations Console or appliance automatically restarts.
6. The update is listed in the Applied Updates section. To save the high-level update history, click Download Detailed History Log.