|Applies To||RSA Product Set: ECAT|
RSA Product/Service Type: Agent, Console, Server
RSA Version/Condition: 4.0. up to version 220.127.116.11
|Issue||1. All the RSA ECAT Agent Machines are showing grey offline in the ConsoleServer UI, Machines.|
Restarting the RSA ECAT Console Server service doesn't resolve.
2. The ECAT ServerOutput program during the RSA ECAT Console Server service restart shows a SqlException error, where the MERGE is trying to UPDATE or DELETE the same row more than once.
3. The c:\ECAT\Server\ConsoleServer-Error.log file showed a "SQL Error 8672 in usp_UpdateMachineOnlineState(18)" error.
|Cause||This indicates there is an entry in the ServerStageMachineOnlineState table which normally would be flushed, but can get stuck there if an agent goes online and starts scanning when the ECAT service is restarted.|
|Resolution||The only resolution to this issue is to upgrade to 18.104.22.168 (and later versions)|
After the upgrade, run the procedure to truncate the table.
|Workaround||Manually flush the table with the SQL command: TRUNCATE TABLE [dbo].[ServerStageMachineOnlineState]|
1. On the ECAT Server, stop the RSA ECAT Console Server service in services.msc
2. On the ECAT SQLServer database machine, run the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
After login, click New Query, and enter the following SQL commands:
TRUNCATE TABLE [dbo].[ServerStageMachineOnlineState]
3. On the ECAT Server, start the RSA ECAT Console Server service in services.msc