|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 8.1 SP1
Platform: SUSE Enterprise Linux
|Issue||The web tier installation log file reports the following message:|
<WTHOME>/webtierBootstrapper/126.96.36.199.0/config/config.sh: line 5:
/tmp/Webtier/linux-x86_64/jdk/bin/java: Permission denied
By default the file will be located in /opt/RSASecurity/RSAAuthenticationManagerWebtier/ and will be named Install_<version and patch of web tier install>_<date_stamp>_<time_stamp>.log. For example, Install_V188.8.131.52.0_20150411130727_8551451671209760854.log
|Cause||During a command line installation of the web tier software on a supported Linux platform, the administrator is required to provide a user account for the installation user. The error will appear if the defined user account does not have permissions to use /tmp/Webtier/linux-x86_64/jdk/bin/java.|
|Workaround||As a workaround to get the web tier software installed an administrator can do the following:|
- As root, on the web tier server, navigate to /tmp/Webtier/linux-x86_64/jdk/bin.
- Change the file permissions to be that of the installation user in of the programs in /tmp/Webtier/linux-x86_64/jdk/bin.
- Also change the execution rights for the installation user and root. If the installation user is rsaadmin, the commands to change the permissions would be:
chown rsaadmin *
chgrp rsaadmin *
chmod 755 *
This would result in the following when running ls -al on the directory:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rsaadmin rsaadmin 270119 Sep 20 2013 java
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rsaadmin rsaadmin 272191 Sep 20 2013 keytool
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rsaadmin rsaadmin 272145 Sep 20 2013 orbd
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rsaadmin rsaadmin 272081 Sep 20 2013 pack200
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rsaadmin rsaadmin 272191 Sep 20 2013 policytool
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rsaadmin rsaadmin 272191 Sep 20 2013 rmid
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rsaadmin rsaadmin 272191 Sep 20 2013 rmiregistry
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rsaadmin rsaadmin 272191 Sep 20 2013 servertool
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rsaadmin rsaadmin 272145 Sep 20 2013 tnameserv
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rsaadmin rsaadmin 186333 Sep 11 2013 unpack200
- Next, tidy up after the failed web tier installation.
- Remove the RSA Webtier Bootstrapper Server and RSA Webtier Server start and stop shell scripts from the /etc/init.d directory.
- Remove the files for the failed installation of the web tier software.
- Navigate back to the /tmp/Webtier/liunx-x86_64 directory and re-run the web tier installation at the command line.
|Notes||Refer to Chapter 5 on Installing Web Tiers in the RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 Setup and Configuration Guide for additional information on web tier installation.|