|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: SecurID Appliance
RSA Version/Condition: 8.1.0
Platform: Virtual Appliance
|Issue||When booting the appliance, the error message below is displayed and the appliance cannot continue with the boot process.|
Configuring JVM settings...
An error occured while attempting to configure the JVM memory setting.
Please provide enough memory and try again.
- There was a missing FQDN entry in the /etc/hosts file that was causing the JVM to fail.
- The detailed errors are saved in /opt/rsa/am/install_logs/config/InstallAM_updateMemoryTuning.log
|Resolution||To resolve this issue run through the following steps:|
- Restart the appliance
- Go to the VM Console or Monitor view and wait for the system to reboot. Pay close attention here because the screen will turn green. It will default to start RSA authentication manager, just start typing to add boot options at the bottom of the screen. Add in the following then press enter to boot. It should look like the below screenshot.
- You will now be logged into the system as root.
- Add host file Entry. Follow the below steps to add the host file
# BEGIN local address
10.31.139.89 primary81.rsalocal.com primary81
- After host file entry reboot the appliance.