|Resolution||To resolve the issue, follow the steps below.|
If you are unsure of any of the steps above or experience any issues, contact RSA Support and quote this article number for further assistance.
- Confirm that the web server service is running on one of the Warehouse nodes.
- SSH to each of the nodes in the cluster, and execute the command below to determine which node the MapR web server service is running on (as shown in the example below).
# /opt/mapr/adminuiapp/webserver status
This should display:
If the service is not running, start it with the command below.
# /opt/mapr/adminuiapp/webserver start
This should yield results similar to the following:
- Open a browser, then navigate to the MapR UI, using the IP where the service is started + port 8443:
Note that initial HTTPS connections have not passed a certificate to the browser yet, and a warning that the connection is not trusted typically appears. This message may be safely ignored.
- Now attempt login again with the desired account.
- If this login fails and the username/password combination is known good, issue the below command to assign proper permissions to the user. (being root in this example)
# opt/mapr/bin/maprcli acl edit -type cluster -user root:fc
- Now login and the account should be able to successfully authenticate to the MapR UI.