|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Archer|
RSA Product Service/Type: Archer UI
RSA Version/Condition: 6.0
Platform: Microsoft Internet Explorer
|Issue||When accessing the Archer user interface using Internet Explorer, videos will not play.|
|Cause||The issue occurs due to the following reasons:|
This is a known Microsoft issue and is addressed in the Microsoft knowledge base article 2532294.
- Internet Explorer requires ActiveX to play videos.
- ActiveX has security vulnerabilities which may be locked down, which prevents it from playing the videos.
|Resolution||This issue has been resolved in Archer 6.0.1.|
|Workaround||To work around the issue, perform one of the options below.|
If you have downloaded the zip file of the online documentation and have the system running on your local machine, launch the online documentation in a browser other than Internet Explorer.
- Enable ActiveX controls as explained here.
- Use a different browser. To view videos, from the online documentation launched from product:
- Click on the video within the Help topic.
- Copy the URL displayed in the browser address bar.
- Open a browser other than IE, such as Firefox.
- Paste the video URL in to the new browser window.