|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID |
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager Web Tier
RSA Version/Condition: 8.1 Service Pack 1 Patch 2 (8.1.2)
|Issue||When connecting to or more Web Tiers with the Citrix NetScaler load balancer, the error message below is displayed.|
Unable to process the request
|Cause||The is normally due to a misconfiguration on the load balancer itself; such as one of the examples below:|
- The session is not set to round robin,
- The session is not preserved as source IP,
- The protocol used is set to SSL.
|Resolution||To resolve the issue, ensure the following settings:|
- Make sure the proper ports are open, as per the RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 Setup and Configuration Guide.
- Make sure that sessions between Web Tiers are set to round robin.
- Make sure the session is set to Source IP (that is, sticky session).
- Make sure the protocol used is set to SSL_TCP.
|Workaround||As a quick exclusion of any issue from the Web Tier side:|
- Set the virtual hostname to one of the Web Tier's hostname and/or IP.
- Shut down the other Web Tier.
- Enable one web tier and remove the load balancer from the equation.
- If Self-Service worked properly, then the issue is a load balancer misconfiguration.