|Applies To||RSA Product Set: RSA Data Loss Prevention|
RSA Product/Service Type: Enterprise Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 9.6 SP2
O/S Version: 2008 Server R2 Standard (64 bit)
|Issue|| After pressing Decommission Selected Devices the device is not removed from the partner devices list.|
|Cause||The device is not removed from the partner devices list because the decommissioned device is not reachable.|
If the decommissioned device is unreachable, it must be removed from the list of partner devices in the RSA DLP Enterprise Manager (RSA_DLP_EM) SQL database via SQL commands.
CAUTION: It is recommended to take a database backup before performing the steps below.
Perform the following set of SQL queries to identify and delete the decommissioned device from the RSA_DLP_EM database:
1. On the Microsoft SQL server hosting the RSA_DLP_EM database, run the command below to find the device ID:
SELECT * FROM dbo.dv_device_status;
2. Remove the device_id row from the table:
DELETE FROM dbo.dv_device_status WHERE device_id='<the device_id row captured in the SELECT statement above>';
3. Now find the full name of the device:
SELECT * FROM dbo.dv_device;
4. Remove the device row entry from the table:
DELETE FROM dbo.dv_device WHERE name='<the device name captured in the SELECT statement above>';
5. Launch the Enterprise Manager web-interface and refresh the page. The decommissioned device will no longer be listed under the Partners tab.