|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 8.0.0
|Issue||When trying to install Authentication Manager 8.0, and choosing the license file, the following error is displayed: The submitted license file is not compatible. Upload a license file compatible with the product version 8.0.|
|Cause||This error displays when trying to install a license for Authenticaiton Manager 8.1 on an Authentication Manager 8.0 system.|
The license zipfile will typically include at least these files:
|Resolution||To resolve this error, |
1. Extract the license zipfile .
2. Copy all of the extracted files to another directory.
3. Check each of the .xml files for the license:productVersion to see the version for which it was built. An example of the line:
The 8.0 above shows it is for Authentication Manager 8.0 . Authentication Manager 8.1 can use any combination of Authentication Manager 8.0 and/or Authentication Manager 8.1 files, but Authentication Manager 8.0 can only use 8.0 license files.
4. Delete any of the AM8.1 files from the copy made in step 2.
5. Make a new zip file that includes all of the remaining files. Use this to install Authentication Manager 8.0 .
|Notes||Once the installation has finished, update to Authentication Manager 8.1, so that the remaining Authentication Manager8.1 licenses can be imported onto the primary. With a replica, this information should automatically propagate from the primary.|