The Auto-Restrict Groups function of the user/groups and record permissions fields should only apply to content. However, if an administrator has this field option set and then attempt to configure an update content node to update this field, the configuration excludes any group for which the admin is not a member.
Steps to Reproduce
- Login to Archer as a system administrator that does not belong to any Groups.
- Navigate to Application Builder
- Add a user/groups field to any application
- In the field options, set the Field Population section to use All Groups and All Users. Select the Auto Restrict Groups check box (screenshot attached). Save changes
- Invoke the Lookup again. Note that as an administrator, you can still see all groups. This is correct.
- Create an Advanced Workflow in the app
- Add an Update Content node.
- Configure the update content node to update the user/groups field. Note in the configuration that you cannot see any group you do not belong to. This is incorrect.
System administrators should be able to view all groups during the configuration of the Update Content node, regardless of the associated field having Auto Restrict Groups selected.
Users/Groups and Record Permissions fields only show the admin groups of which he/she is a member.