|Applies To||Sign-On Manager Client 4.5|
RSA SecurID Smart Card 6200
RSA SecurID Smart Card 6100
RSA SecurID SID800 Authenticator (USB token)
Smart Card Reader
|Issue||USB Smart Card / token not recognized by SOM Client / Security Center|
USB Smart Card / token not recognized by SOM Client / Security Center
Security Center keeps saying ?insert your smart card?.
Smart Card not visible/recognized using simple PCSC software
1. Windows Smart Card Service not running. C:\WINDOWS\System32\SCardSvr.exe (Smart Card Service) may be disabled or set manual, possibly due to hardening procedure.
2. Other third party Smart Card or Biometric Device with custom driver implementation present on workstation (eg built in fingerprint scanner or Smart Card reader).
3. Communication blocked by third party security product (eg Zone Alarm (see 6200 USB token not recognized by RSA Security Center))
1. Set Smart Card Service to automatic and ensure it is running.
2. Ensure the latest build of SOM client is in use and check with third party vendor for fixes where necessary.
Any PCSC compliant software, (eg RSA Card Reset Utility) can be used to directly recognize the presence of the smart card via the windows SmartCard service. If the Smart Card in question is not visible by PCSC then the problem is with the hardware or the OS configuration. If the smart card is recognized / visible by PCSC then the problem is more likely to be with the RSA Middleware and its configuration. P11 tracing (see separate KB article) should help to trace problems in the Middleware / SOM Client and configuration.
Should other software see the device, but the RSA Security Center still not pick it up, reboot the host.
|Legacy Article ID||a32706|