The RSA Archer Job engine services fail to start with the following error:
"Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."
Event viewer on the server has the following entry:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7011
RSA Archer Job Engine service fails to start automatically during system boot with the following error logged into Event Logs -> System -> Source: Service Control Manager
The RSA Archer Job Engine service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the ServiceName service.
By default, Windows has a timeout of 30000 milliseconds for a service to start.
We can change the timeout by modifying the ServicesPipeTimeout value in the registry:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.
Note: If the ServicesPipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value (32-bit).
- Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
- Click Decimal, type 60000, and then click OK.
a. The maximum value can be set to be 300000.
b. Sometimes, depending on the environment, the maximum value has to be used.
This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
- Restart the computer.