|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server 5.2|
Upgrading Replica to version 5.2 does not list upgrade option
Upgrading Replica to version 5.2 and the option to select 'Upgrade RSA Replica server' does not list anything; only two options appear:
1. Upgrade existing License
|Cause||The Replica server has a registry key indicating that this replica is a primary server. This could occur if the replica server was used as a primary server prior to demoting to a Replica; using the nominate function on the replica server demotes the primary server into replica.|
|Resolution||On the Replica, follow these steps:|
1. Log in as Administrator
2. Edit the Registry by running regedt32
3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> SDTI --> ACESERVER --> CurrentVersion and double click the 'InstallTYpe' key (notice the value 'master')
4. Change the value to slave, click OK, and close the Registry
5. Make sure the replica_package/license folder contains the uidxlate.map file; if this file is missing, the installation will halt
NOTE: The uidxlate.map file is specific to the replica package created for an upgraded Replica server. This file must be part of the replica package from the upgraded Primary server. If you do not have this file, the Replica must be uninstalled and then installed as a new installation.
6. You will be prompted for license file during the installation; click browse and point the replica_package\license folder (not \replica_package)
7. Make sure there are no space characters in the name of the installation directory; for example, you cannot install ACE/Server under the 'Program Files' directory
8. Start installation by selecting aceserv\windows\ directory and double click setup.exe.
9. Follow the prompts until the Installation Options dialog box opens. Check 'Upgrade Replica RSA ACE/Server' and click Next.
|Legacy Article ID||a19488|