|Applies To||Quick Admin|
Apache Web server
|Issue||Error: "Configuration initialization failed: Error running init function jk_init: unknown error" on starting Apache Web server |
Customer has upgraded Tomcat prior to installing Quick Admin 6.1.5
1. Installed 6.1.2 Quick admin.
2. Administrator has upgraded Tomcat 5.5.23 first. This could possibly cause the problem.
3. After that Administrator has upgraded to 6.1.4 and that is when tomcat was broken. ( Release notes does not mention that you should not upgrade Tomcat prior to upgrading to Quick Admin 6.1.4/6.1.5)
Sun ONE Web Server 6.1SP4 B01/20/2005 17:43
info: CORE3282: stdout: Tomcat 5.5.7 NSAPI Redirector
info: CORE3282: stdout: In jk_init.
info: CORE3282: stdout: Worker file = /opt/apps/RSA_Web_Service/Tomcat/conf/workers.properties.
info: CORE3282: stdout: Log level = debug.
info: CORE3282: stdout: Log File = /opt/apps/RSA_Web_Service/Tomcat/logs/nsapi.log
failure: CORE3170: Configuration initialization failed: Error running init function jk_init: unknown error
Sending output to nohup.out
4. Then upgraded to 6.1.5. It trashed the entire application. His observations:
-a. Worker.properties file was not restored ( it was not there).
-b. the file nsapi_redirector.so file was also missing after the upgrade. He restored from tomcat 5.5.23
Tomcat should not be upgraded prior to upgrading Quick Admin. Quick Admin is shipped with Tomcat 1.0
1. Upgrade Quick admin first to 6.1.5 version.
2. Upgrade the Tomcat using RSA provided to Tomcat Upgrading tool.
|Legacy Article ID||a60892|