|Applies To||RSA NetWitness NextGen|
RSA NetWitness Informer
RSA NetWitness Informer 220.127.116.11
|Issue||Cannot connect to concentrator source after upgrade RSA Informer to version 18.104.22.168.|
After upgrade to 22.214.171.124 Informer, cannot connect to concentrator/broker source in Informer webUI, see this error in Informer log:
|Cause||One cause for this issue is that the previous version is not removed properly during upgrade. One can confirm this by restart informer service, and then review Informer log:|
If log shows Informer engine 126.96.36.199 or other version that is not 188.8.131.52 as one sees in Informer webUI, then this is the problem.
|Resolution||Here are steps to fix this issue:|
1. Stop informer service;
2. Go to control panel, add/remove programs, and remove Informer service;
3. Start a command prompt, and enter command below, after hitting enter, you should see Success message:
sc delete "NetWitness Informer Service"
4. Re-install informer 184.108.40.206;
5. Restart informer service; check Informer log and ensure you see informer engine 220.127.116.11 now;
6. Login to Informer webUI, now you should be able to connect to concentrator/broker source now.
|Legacy Article ID||a60654|