000011961 - RFE Change to Self Service Console 'Request New Account' where the option 'I already have a UserID and Password' is set to TRUE or SELECTED by default.

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 14, 2016Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Apr 21, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000011961
Issue

Change to Self Service Console 'Request New Account' where the option 'I already have a UserID and Password' is set to TRUE or SELECTED by default.

Self Service Console log on with a AD user fails and the Authentication log says "Principal not found."

Authentication log says Principal not found
Duplicate user account created when users "Request a New Account and Token" from Self Service
Customer requests change to Self Service Console Request New Account where the option 'I already have a UserID and Password' is set to TRUE or SELECTED by default.
this field appears under these pages.
:7004/console-selfservice/NewAccountRequest.do?action=nvPreAdd&requestType=accountWithToken
:7004/console-selfservice/NewAccountRequest.do?action=nvPreAdd&requestType=account
Resolution

Work around: Request a new account and SecurID token? link 
select identity source SELECT ?I already have a User ID and password? option.  Enter User ID and Password, continue on to request a token.
Note that even after the user submits the token request via this screen they still will not be able to log into the Self Service console via the ?Log on? link until they have used their token to do an authentication or an admin touches their account via the Manage Users screen. 

NotesRequest for Enhancement: AM-17898 RFE Deafult 'I already have a UserID and Password' on Self service Request New Account to be selected
Legacy Article IDa53052

Attachments

Outcomes