|Applies To||RSA SecurID Software Token|
RSA SecurID Software Token 2.0
RSA SecurID Software Token 2.5
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows 95
|Issue||When users double-click the .sdtid file they received by way of Outlook 2000, SoftID launches, but the token is not installed.|
.sdtid file has Read-only permission when it is saved
|Cause||This is a problem with the "Preview Pane" on Outlook 2000 that Microsoft has acknowledged. Users click on the "paperclip" icon and choose "Save to disk," however, the file is saved with "Read-only" permission.|
1. Click on "View" in Outlook 2000 and disable the "Preview Pane."
2. Open the email and save the attachment by either clicking the file itself or the "Paperclip."
3. Open the message in a separate window by double-clicking the email.
4. Save the file by either double-clicking the "Paperclip" or the file itself, and save it to the desktop.
5. Right-click the file, go to "Properties" and disable the "Read-only" attribute.
|Legacy Article ID||6.0.3457665.2926855|