|Applies To||RSA Key Manager Client 1.5.x|
RSA Key Manager Server 2.0.1
Microsoft Windows 2003 Server SP1
|Issue||When trying to get a key using the RKM Client, with the P12 and the password, the client returns an "HTTP Error: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden" error.|
1. The KMS was installed and it creates keys successfully.
2. A P12 certificate was created using Microsoft Certificate Authority. The certificate contains all three parts ? root certificate, server certificate and the private key.
3. A PEM file was generated from the P12 using OpenSSL, and an application was added with this PEM file to the KMS.
4. The P12 file was set as the server certificate of the RSA Key Manager web site in IIS.
5. When trying to get a key using the KMC, with the P12 and the password, the KMC returns an "HTTP Error: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden" error.
|Resolution||Follow these steps:|
1. 1) Created a server side certificate for a Web Server Authentication in P12 format.
2. 2) Exported the certificate with the Root chain and a private key.
3. 3) Used this certificate in the RKM Server IIS.
4. 4) Created a client side certificate.
6. 5) Create a new Application with the client side certificate.
7. 7) Use this certificate in the RKM Client side.
|Legacy Article ID||a39072|