|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 6.1
- Software token unassigned from user but not revoked.
- There is no error associated with this particular failure, the symptom is that you are unable to assign or issue a software token that appears to be unassigned.
|Cause||This issue can occur when the same token had been assigned and issued to a user in the past, and then the user is deleted and then readded and assigned the same token. However, the token is still classified as issued in the database, even though it is unassigned. This behavior can be offputting, but this behavior has been determined to be functioning as designed.|
|Resolution||It is recommended to take a backup of the database before proceeding.|
- Revoke the unassigned software tokens to clear the Issued status in the database. From Host Mode or Remote Mode, select Token > Revoke Software Token.
- Run Token > Token Statistics and scroll down to the software tokens to see the current values, and record them.
- Select Token > Revoke Software Tokens and select Unassigned. Click OK.
- Locate the token(s) in question. If there are tokens listed, that should not be, select them and click Remove from List. When don, click Next.
- At the prompt that the token will be revoked and the database updated, select Yes.
- Click OK at the prompt.
- Select Token > Token Statistics and scroll down to the software tokens to see the current values, and compare them to the values seen before revoking the tokens.
- Assuming they aren't expired, the revoked tokens will then be available to be assigned.
|Notes||For a report for tokens that are assigned but not yet issued, see 000026240 (How to list all RSA SecurID software tokens assigned but not yet issued in RSA Authentication Manager 6.1).|
|Legacy Article ID||a48504|