|Applies To||Authentication Manager 7.1|
Windows 2008, Windows 2008 Server R2
VMware ESX server
|Issue||Pool am is disabled, cannot allocate resources to applications|
ORA-00257: archiver error. Connect internal only, until freed
- seen when Win2008 R2 on VM did not reserve the full 8G of memory
Oracle.exe process utilizing 100% of CPU
Authentications fail, nothing in Authentication monitor, yet Services appear to be running
|Cause||Oracle.exe with get stuck utilizing 100% of the CPU resources if:|
- A snapshot is taken of the VM server while RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 Services are running.
- If the VM server is VMotioned while RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 services are running.
To correct the CPU utilization, restart the RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 server.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not use Snapshots or use VMotion on a supported guest operating system while the RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 services are running as it is likely to damage the internatl database. Please refer to knowledge article Troubleshooting failing RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 services on a supported Windows platform, should the RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 service fail to start after the restart.
Make sure Memory is Reserved per requirements
RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 Service Pack 4 (SP4) is supported for VMware ESX 4.0 and 3.5.
The following VMware ESX 4.0 features are supported:
- Physical to virtual conversion
- Virtual to physical conversion
When using physical to virtual conversion or virtual to physical conversion, the hardware/memory configuration (fingerprint) may change causing the RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 server services to fail starting automatically. To resolve this issue, the fingerprint must be reset using the "rsautil manage-secrets reset" command.
The following VMware ESX 4.0 features and tools are not supported:
- Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS)
- High Availability (HA)
- VMware Consolidated Backup (VCB)
- Legato Filesystem Sync Driver
RSA recommends that customers use the features built in to RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 for these types of services.
VMWare Memory Settings
In order for the embedded Oracle database in RSA Authentication Manager to work properly, the following memory settings are required for VMWare.
- Allocated memory should be set to 4G for a 32-bit OS and 8G for a 64-bit OS.
- Reserved memory should be set to 4G for a 32-bit OS and 8G for a 64-bit OS.
- Allocated memory and reserved memory should be set to the same value.
|Legacy Article ID||a56616|