|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID |
RSA Product/Service Type: RSA SecurID Software Token for Microsoft Windows
RSA Version/Condition: 4.1
- The RSA SecurID Software Token for Microsoft Windows is installed locally.
- At the startup of the app, the Select Device text box is empty, as below.
- There is no prompt for the location of the token.
- The token is not imported.
- The hard drive is not recognized by the software token app as a storage device.
|Cause||RSA support has seen this issue if the RSA SecurID Software Token for Microsoft Windows is installed by a local user who is not an administrator.|
|Workaround||One workaround reported is to do the following:|
- Remove the token storage database on the machine. This would be located at
- On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\RSA\RSA SecurID Software Token Library\RSASecurIDStorage
- On Vista or Windows 7, 8, 10: ~\AppData\Local\RSA\RSASecurID Software Token Library
- Reinstall the token application using the option to Run As Administrator.
- Import token again and the local hard drive will show as a device where the token can be stored.
Another workaround is to install the token app in single database mode. See the RSA SecurID Software Token 4.1 for Windows Administrator’s Guide for information on token storage database options for VPN client applications
|Legacy Article ID||a52734|