|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: RSA SecurID Appliance
RSA Version/Condition: 2.0
Platform: Windows XP SP3
- Unable to connect when trying to access the Advanced view and a remote desktop (RDP) session via web browser to appliance when using IE7 with Windows XP SP3,
- Connecting to the Advanced view works in IE6, but not with IE7.
- The appliance has been added to trusted sites
- The Advanced view or RDP selection starts to paint, then blanks out and brings goes back to the starting screen. The page will not load.
- Windows Remote Desktop blinks and closes
- Make sure port 8098 and port 8198 are allowed between the broswer and the appliance.
- Aalso check the IE7 security settings under trusted sites and enable Initialize and script active x controls not marked as safe for scripting. Depending on other custom security settings in IE7, you may need to enable more of the Active X options in the browser.
- This is safe to do for a trusted site, since it is trusted.
|Notes||When this setting is changed, it is important to use the Enable selection instead of the Prompt selection when setting the option to initialize and script active x controls not marked as safe for scripting. The prompt fails and the user is never prompted, and no errors are displayed.|
Also see RSA SecurID Appliance 2,0 web interface Advanced and Remote Desktop starts to paint then resets.
|Legacy Article ID||a42716|