|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: RSA SecurID Appliance
RSA Version/Condition: 2.0
Platform: Windows XP SP3
- Accessing Advanced mode or Remote Desktop (RDP) via web interface on port 8098 to appliance.
- Accessing Advanced mode or RDP via the web interface will start to work, then suddenly goes back to the previous screen.
- Niether Advanced mode in web interface nor RDP in web interface work.
- Make sure both port 8098 and port 8198 TCP are allowed between the web browser and the appliance. The web interface only uses port 8098 for the initial connection and normal administrative tasks, but the browser will attempt to open port 8198 when you select Advanced or RDP.
- If 8198 TCP is blocked, choosing either option will paint a white background, pause then snap back to the previous screen.
- If it still doesn't work after verifying port 8198, check the browser's security settings, specifically that initialize and script activex controls not marked as safe is set to Enable and not to Disable pr Prompt.
|Notes||Also see 000012427 - RSA SecurID Appliance 2.0 web page advanced mode and remote desktop fails to display with IE7 on Windows XP SP3.|
|Legacy Article ID||a41526|