|Applies To||RSA NetWitness NextGen|
RSA NetWitness Informer
RSA NetWitness Informer 2.x
|Issue||After an RSA NetWitness Informer Installation, an error occurs concerning user instances.|
After installing NetWitness Informer, you receive an error concerning user instances when attempting to access NwReporterWeb.
|Resolution||Solution 1: Please follow these steps:|
1. Install the Informer Tookit from the knowledgebase article How to download and use the RSA NetWitness Informer Toolkit.
2. Run DBattach.cmd
3. Run DBenableinstances.cmd
Solution 2: Please follow these steps:
1. Click on Start -> Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 -> SQL Server Management Studio to open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
2. Right click the ?Databases? node in the Object Explorer and select ?Attach?
3. Click the ?Add? button to bring up a ?Locate Database Files? window. The DATA folder should already be selected. A child of the DATA folder is Informer.mdf. Select Informer.mdf and click OK.
4. Click OK again to close the Attach Database dialog. The Informer database should now be present and Security Logins restored.
5. Right click the ?Informer? database entry and select New Query.
6. Paste the following SQL command into the new query window:
EXEC sp_configure 'user instances enabled', 1;
7. Click the Execute button in the toolbar (or hit F5 to execute) and you should see the following in the Messages tab: ?Configuration option 'user instances enabled' changed from 0 to 1. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install.?
|Legacy Article ID||a59756|