|Applies To||UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris)|
RSA ACE/Server 5.1 (no longer supported as of 7-14-2006)
|Issue||AIX version 5.1 ML4 patch install|
|Resolution||Verify that the latest ML4 file sets that can be viewed using this URL:|
Select " fix release information "
1. Click the " data file for AIX 5.1 " link and save to your local PC
a. This is a link that loads the file called "latestfixdata51" to your local PC
b. FTP this file to your AIX machine into the directory " /tmp "
2. Perform the following on the AIX machine and save this to the local PC. " lslpp -L -c > 51fix.txt "
a. This file will be used in the last part of the download
b. FTP this file to your windows machine to be used in the download process in step 4
3. Perform the following steps:
a. /usr/sbin/compare_report -s -r /tmp/latestfixdata51 -l
b. This creates two reports in the /tmp directory " lowerthanlatest1.rpt & lowerthanmaint.rpt "
c. FTP the file "lowerthanlatest1.rpt" to your windows machine
4. Using the link above, perform the following steps:
a. Browse to your lowerthanlatest1.rpt file that was saved to your local PC and select upload
b. You will be asked to provide your output from the " lslpp command " that was performed in step 2
c. Your next screen will show all the file sets that should be down loaded to your AIX machine
5. Once all the AIX *.bff file sets are on the machine in question, perform the following command:
a. smit update_all
b. point to the location of the files that has been moved onto the AIX machine
|Legacy Article ID||a17466|